Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Preschool next year

At Logan's preschool you get to register early if you are a current student with your first and second choice. I chose M/W/F mornings as first choice (no stay and play) and then same days but afternoon preschool for our second choice. I heard of one person in Logan's whole class that got their first choice. Logan is going to be in the afternoon preschool which runs from 12-2:40. Some of next year I will also enroll him in their phonics class from 3-4. I was a little disappointed when I found out but am trying to look at the positives. I won't have to rush around in the mornings to get out of the door by 8:10. I don't have to pack a lunch anymore. I could take the kids whenever I wanted in the morning to the gym and Logan can stay after preschool to go to phonics class without another trip over there. We will be able to do morning play dates. The disadvantage could be having to feed the kids such an early lunch at 11am on those days. Logan probably won't be napping next year and if he is then he can rest after he gets home.

Recent things about Logan
Logan is doing great in phonics class. It is fun to see his teacher so "blown away" (her words) by his abilities. She tells me things like "Today we finished all of his word lists and he has moved onto books" ....well, yes, I told them he has been reading for a while now. Logan's newest thing he seems to enjoy is math. He loves for me to make up addition problems and he can write the answers. Just easy stuff for now like 2 +3 and 0+5 but he really enjoys it. I bought several more math workbooks because he really enjoys it and I like playing teacher.

Logan also really loves his Leapster2 he got for Christmas. He got five different games and my favorite one is Pet Pals. He will play it for hours if I let him. Logan has earned 604 hearts already. It says it is for pre K-1st grade. It is great because it gives them letters to draw to practice. The game really makes learning fun by making your puppy catch a frisbee at the right answer for a math problem or taking the puppy for a walk to find certain words the game calls out. He washes the puppy by following the directions in the right order and feeds the puppy. It really is cute and I highly recommend this game if you have a leapster.

2 comments:

rackersfamily said...

That is amazing... I can't wait to see what he grows up to be. He really does have a special gift!

Haley said...

I knew Logan was advanced, but I didn't know he was THAT advanced. Wow! With Lucas's language skills, I imagine he'll be following in Logan's footsteps. What smart little boys you have.