Monday, August 25, 2008

Walmart outing



Today we went to Walmart to grab some essentials for the week. I entertained and fed the kids with McDonald's so I could grocery shop with a little peace. That makes me feel like a bad mom. I knew I would be getting home around nap time and did not want to worry about lunch. I know my kids are cute but I get comments from people all the time about it. Several different people stopped me to tell me how adorable my boys are. Just yesterday the cashier at the grocery store asked "where did the little baby girl go?" I guess that is a hint that I need to give him a haircut.

Lucas is not eating well at all. Who am I kidding, he never has...hence the reason why he is in the 3rd to 5th percentile for weight. So, recently he has taken a fondness for sidewalk chalk. He won't eat pasta but will devour a large piece of blue chalk. Delicious. I am fully aware about the term "Pica" but never thought it would happen to anyone in my family. My mother sent me some information that makes it sound like Lucas is lacking in some nutrients or is mineral deficient therefore craving the delicious chalk. I guess I should get him into the doctor but am dreading the extensive testing that might go with it.

Last night was the first time in a week that he ate well. He dug into some mashed potatoes from Market street and also seemed to enjoy the fried chicken, finishing it off with an ice cream cone. If this trend continues then I will just "chalk" the chalk eating up to a fun crunching feeling and forgo the doctor's appointment.

No comments: