Saturday, October 18, 2008

Neighborhood Fall Festival

After attempts at naps today, we got the boys dressed in their Halloween costumes. We went to the annual fall festival that is in our community. I thought they did a really great job this year. It was lots of fun for everyone. Logan made out great in the candy department. He came home with candy, pens, pencils, coupons for free food, foam airplanes, pumpkin, cupcakes from the cake walk and kettle corn. There were bounce houses, face painters, lots of different games scattered through out, pony rides, petting zoo, train rides and food for sale. It has been such a beautiful day. I have really enjoyed being outdoors all day today. Poor Logan has a cold and none of us want to catch it. He fell asleep in the car at 6:30 on the way home without any dinner. Eric has a migraine and could not even eat dinner he felt so miserable. I, on the other hand, am feeling great. Maybe this double dose of prilosec will be my miracle drug.

It was just Lucas and I hanging out until bedtime. He is so stinking cute with his constant singing and counting. He is such a happy child as long as Logan isn't messing with him. He likes to do things and then tell you "silly!" I have noticed lately he is speaking even better than before. He really does speak in complete, descriptive sentences using pronoun, adjective, verb...everything. It took my mom and dad a day or two but by the time they left they could understand almost everything he says. I love this age (17 months)...it sure beats the 3 year old phase. That is about to kill me!

On another note, our indoor cat of 7 years is gone. She escaped sometime on Friday morning (I think) On one hand I am sad thinking about what could have happened to her, where she could be or worse yet...run over by a car. But on the other hand, I am pissed that she would run away from such a good situation. She got fed twice a day, loved on some of the time, soft bed to sleep on and her litter box scooped for her. I sort of feel like, go if you want to go. She has done this twice before and somehow found her way back. We will see if she makes it back this time. If she does come back, she is in for it. I will be de-worming her and micro chipping her ass!

1 comment:

rackersfamily said...

I hope she comes back. I will keep a look out for her!