Monday, January 26, 2009

Job search

I think I am ready to go back to work at a very part time basis. The benefit to my profession is that the laboratories are open 24 hours a day, they always seem to need extra help, and the health care field is recession proof at the moment. The negatives are that you have to work really odd hours including holidays. My perfect job would be working one to two evenings a week (meaning the 3-11pm shift) and a weekend day mixed in now and then. I would only need help with my kids from 2:15 or so until 5:30 when E could be home on those days. He thinks two days a week is too much but I don't think I will find a job that will let me do only one day a week.

My top places to try to apply and send a resume are Centennial, Children's medical center at Legacy, Baylor in Frisco and Presby in Allen. None of them list a PRN (as needed) position but hopefully they are willing to give me an interview. In the past, I have gotten every professional job I have applied for. I don't have very high self confidence about much but I do think I am pretty great at what I used to do for six years.

Maybe the grass is greener on the other side when it comes to working but I think I would really enjoy the adult interaction, using my skills and making a little extra money. I don't have anything to loose by trying. If I don't get a job then no biggie. I will wait a year and try again.

2 comments:

Kayla said...

Good luck on your job hunt!

rackersfamily said...

Let us know how it goes.
Oh, I signed up for playgroup at your house... It will be good to catch up... feel like I haven't seen you in FOREVER!