The Christmas trip started off well. A wonderful friend of ours drove me and the boys to the airport with our 3 bags to check, 2 carry ons and stroller. While waiting for our flight the boys explored the terminal and got some energy out. We heard them announce that the flight was not very full and my ears perked up. I pranced right over to the counter and asked if there was anywhere we could be moved to with an extra seat and hallelujah they did it. What a difference that made! The boys were really good on our 3 hour flight. Thankfully Lucas liked to watch Dora with Logan on the DVD player. Good start to our two weeks away and I was so thankful.
While in Williamsburg we were all getting over colds but mine just seemed to linger. My teeth started hurting so I got in to see my old childhood dentist. He found a cavity but I later found out that my pain was from a sinus infection so I also go to go to the urgent care while on Christmas vacation. One filling and a Z-pack later I was feeling much better.
We met up with E on our trip to visit with my in-laws. We stayed two nights and managed to infect all of them with our colds. What a nice Christmas present! We saw a tiny flurry of snow as we were leaving town to go back to my parents house.
Christmas Eve we had a great dinner and then put the kids to bed. The adults (mom, dad, m, s, e and I) stayed up and did our Christmas presents with out the children. It was nice to have that special time together without the kids around. My parents have always been really into Christmas and giving lots of gifts. My Mom can't help herself. We gave them a GPS navigation unit for their car and a CO detector, martini glasses and a few other kitchen gadgets. They gave us money, clothes, candy, stocking stuff, a weather alarm (since we sleep through the tornado sirens), coat from my brother, head phones and lots of other goodies. My parents always buy themselves something, wrap it up and say it is for the family. This year it was a Wii game system. We had lots of fun using it for the next 5 days. E loved guitar hero and I love the scuba diving game.
The best part about the whole night was when my brother told his girlfriend he had one last gift for her. She opened the box to find a card and then he pulled out a ring out of his video camera bag and proposed marriage to her. My mom and I were crying. After being with him for 8 years, of course she said "YES". They are planning a beach wedding in September. Although none of us knew anything about the engagement, we somehow got it on video. It was a very exciting ending to our Christmas present exchange.
In the morning the boys found their unwrapped Christmas presents from Santa. Logan was so excited and at such a fun age for Christmas. Lucas did not seem to care about opening any gifts. The boys got so many toys and were spoiled by all. We had a nice Christmas with extended family...cousins, aunts, uncles on a very beautiful Christmas day.
While visiting my family E and I got some really great time alone to go out to lunch, go shopping, visit with my grandma and take walks together. It was really great to have help with the kids and I probably took too advantage of the help. We had a late flight back to TX. Logan was telling everyone on the flight he was going back to TX with a very excited tone. On the flight back we had 5 pieces of luggage to check and 5 carry-ons. We lucked out once again and got an extra seat. At one point we even put both boys by themselves across the isle from us to watch a movie while E and I were able to read magazines and have a conversation. I makes me so thankful they are getting a little older and more self sufficient. It took me a day to unpack and get settled. Now we just have to wait for our three boxes stuffed full of Christmas presents to arrive. We had such a great time!
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
so glad you had such a fun christmas!
Post a Comment