Friday, July 31, 2009

Christmas shopping in July?






YES, I AM! Wooo hooo! This is the earliest I have ever shopped and it feels great! I found some great deals at Target because of some recent blogs I have been reading. This one is the one that gave me the great advice It's Hip 2 Save!.


I have always been pretty frugal and love a great deal but after a recent experienced coupon shopper in our neighborhood gave a lesson to us last week I have been so obsessed. I got all of our coupons organized in the baseball card holders that I have had for months and organized them by category in my three ring binder. I got an organizer for all of my restaurant, fast food, department store, fun kid activities and local establishment coupons that were previously messy in a large zip lock bag. I have also been signing up for every free coupon and gift online that I can find. Just the other day I got a cute envelope in the mail that started singing a song to me after I opened it. It had a coupon for a free box of Rice Krispies in it with several more for $1.00 off. I subscribed to a magazine called All You for 0.67 an issue that seems to be popular with the thrifty bloggers. "They say" that there are $30-$60 worth of coupons in each issue.
Now back to my great finds at Target today. I got $496.42 worth of toys for $121.82!!!!

Most things were between 2-5 dollars. I got 9 gifts for Logan and 4 gifts for Lucas. I am so excited to be well on my way for Christmas. Logan is getting Indiana Jones Legos set, a roller coaster marble run, two Magnetx sets, pirate moon sand kit with 5 lbs of extra moon sand, a Pixos set with a Pixos carrier and a hyper jump game. Lucas is getting some fisher price toys by Imaginex...the dragon, dinosaur and gorilla as well as a cute stuffed baby grizzly bear by national geographic.
I also got 11 other gifts to stash away for friends and family for Christmas/birthday presents. My best deal was a Cranium game whose original cost was $28.89 for $2.22 (with a $5.00 off coupon)! Don't be offended if you get it for Christmas. It is really nice with 660 new cards included.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! You need to give me a lesson on what you learned... i have my binder... I am ready!

Blonde Momma said...

I love this Jen!