Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Too many changes, I can't handle it!

These are all good changes but it seems like my kids are doing new things daily.

Lucas is completely potty trained at 25 months old. No pull ups, just hand me down underwear that is too big and lets all of his boy parts hang out the leg holes. He is so little and it is hard to find decent underwear for his size without all of those characters all over them. So, whatever, he gets used underwear for now. He is so stinkin' cute running around in underwear or bare bottomed. I have seen my fair share of naked tushies this past week and we have gone through a whole bag of dum dums. Whatever works is what I always say!

Today was the first day that Logan jumped off of the side of the pool to his swim teacher without holding her hand. Then she got him in the freestyle position and he swam by himself about 6 feet or so to the stairs on the side of the pool. It was so thrilling to see him doing this especially since about a month ago he wouldn't even put his head under water. Yay! (I was watching 4 kids at the pool today so no time for pictures. I hope to take some good one's on Friday and post them)

Logan has been wearing a pull up to sleep every night. Since I am in the mind set of getting all of the diapers out of the house and I only had two pull ups left, I decided he would sleep in underwear. He always wakes up with a wet pull up so I figured that once he woke up dry for a few days in a row we would get rid of them. That day has never come. I told him if he had dry underwear when he woke up I would get him a prize a Target. It has been two days now and we are going to Target this afternoon. I am so excited about this as well!!

This is not a change, but I have been going to a Latin fusion class at the gym and love every second of it. It is a masculine male teacher that teaches the class. He does a variety of different genres of dance including Indian, Latin, African, and hip hop. I get such a great workout and am covered with sweat when I am done. Even though I might look ridiculous and I am not good by any means, I have realized that dancing makes me happy. I would love to learn how to partner Latin dance. I am thinking about looking for some real classes to take. Do you think I am too old to learn?

3 comments:

Haley said...

I know it's crazy when change happens, but what exciting changes! I have a bunch of 2T/3T boy underpants (with sesame street and what not) if you need any. I know they are a little "colorful" but if you need that size let me know. And I think you should definitely take some dance classes. You have natural rhythm. You will do great!

Anonymous said...

Yay for all of your boys' successes! I know you must be so proud! BTW...I do not think you are too old to learn latin dance. The Art of Dance (I think that's what it's called) sends me regular e-mails about their schedules each month. I'll forward them if you'd like. They frequently feature latin dance classes. They usually have different levels as well. Other people I know who have taken the classes love them.

jenleic2008 said...

Thanks Theresa! I am going to check into them. Thanks for the info!