Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow much fun!

Here are some pictures of our girl's weekend at a ski resort in Virginia.


Our view off of our balcony.
We spent two nights for dinner and live music at the Lodge which was within walking distance.








See the men above us behind the railing? They were checking us out. Apparently 21 men approached our table for one reason or another throughout this night. I had too many drinks to notice!

The three of us went skiing together. We all had a great time. They called me "Speedy Gonzales" since I would zip down the mountain. I didn't mean to...just didn't seem to be able to figure out how to slow down.















This was our lunch break the day that we skied. What is the point of makeup when you are being pelted with snow the whole day?

All five of us arrived at the resort at the same time. We checked in and had two rooms. We decided that one room would be our closet and the other would be our sleeping room since we all wanted to sleep together. We went out for margaritas and Mexican food for dinner and it was like old times again.


The resort was already covered in snow from a previous snow but on Friday it started snowing. It snowed all day on Friday, Friday night, and all day Saturday. We had planned to leave on Saturday but the roads were impassable so we stayed another night. Fortunately I had not planned to fly home until Sunday but I had to ditch the plans to visit with my parents. It snowed like crazy all over Virginia.

The snow was so beautiful and it was awesome to ski in the powder. There were no injuries, no frostbite, no hangovers....just a few sore bodies the next day.

1 comment:

rackersfamily said...

sounds like a great trip. the snow is beautiful!