Wednesday, November 5, 2008

getting through another week

The week started out with our fun family trip out to dinner on Monday. We love kids eat free places. We were leaving and Logan (who falls and trips far too many times to be normal) tripped and banged his head really hard on the corner of a brick wall. Huge lumps and indents formed right away. I called a few friends, my mother and then the phone nurse to figure out what I should do. After all of the advise we decided to do ice on his head and keep him awake a little longer. I had to wake him up every couple of hours all night long and make sure he could awaken. I was checking pupils, asking him who his name was and feeling the bump on his head. I made him sleep downstairs in the guest room so he would be closer and then decided I should sleep with him. By 12:30 he awoke enough to realize I was in the bed with him and he was too excited to go back to sleep. I had to leave him to sleep by himself after that. I instructed the teachers on what to look for and it seems as if Logan is not going to require a trip to the hospital for this injury.
I am not sure if it is the two weeks in a row that E has been gone or something else but my patience is growing thin. I wish that my kids would go to sleep at my appointed nap time of 1, wake up at 3 then go to bed at 7:30. Whenever E is gone it never seems to go like that. I can't count on anything. If I plan to go somewhere then someone is not going to nap then fall asleep on the way somewhere and be so cranky later. Yesterday Logan actually took a nap and 18 month old Lucas would not take a nap all day long. Naps are my nemesis. I am seriously considering getting rid of any kind of schedule all together. I am tired of fighting with them to take one, hearing them jumping on the bed instead of sleeping, and whining for me to let them come out. I think I would rather have both of my boys on the run all day long then put them to bed at 6 pm every night.
It is only hump day...but I am really ready for the weekend.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

Poor Logan! It must be a boy thing, Brycen will fall down and hurt himself standing still. I hope that the rest of the week is better for you!