I was tagged by my friend Holly. So, now it is my turn to tell you 7 random facts about me.
1. I have always loved marine life and the water. I went snorkeling in the Bahamas for the first time when I was 21. I have been snorkling in the Dominican Republic, Hawaii, Brittish V.I., St Thomas, St. Johns, Bahamas and La Jolla, California. I took an 8 week class through PADI and learned how to scuba dive when I got my first job. I never took my open water dive because there was not anywhere convenient to go to in the winter in Central North Carolina so therefore I did not get certified...plus all of the talk about your lungs exploding if you don't do it right turned me off.
2. I was born without some permanent teeth. There are three molars that never formed so I had my baby teeth until I was about 21 then I had to get bridges put in. Insurance considers teeth cosmetic so my poor parents had to pay thousands of dollars.
3. I am the only granddaughter on both sides of my family. I have a brother and five male cousins who are all younger than me. I always felt left out at family get-togethers...and some of my cousins tried to pull my bikini top off.
4. I know most of you probably already know this but my youngest son was born in our mini van. It was a labor that lasted 1hour and 45 minutes from start to birth. My husband and I were the first to see and hold our baby. We delivered him together without any help. Not too many people have this experience and I am blessed that everything went well and everyone was healthy in the end. Sometimes I think about all of the what ifs...
5. I hated high school but loved college. I'm not sure what was the difference other than maturity and independence. I think college was the highlight of my life. No real responsibilities, parents still paying for most of everything, no wrinkles, cute little body, guys everywhere, party's to go to and wonderful friends that were like family as roommates. Sure, I had stress from taking organic chemistry, parasitology, anatomy, physiology and statistics but somehow it was the best worry free years of my life.
6. I love to learn, read and teach. When I start a book, most of the time I can't stop until I am finished. I get obsessed. Since I can't put a book down to deal with daily life I restrict myself from reading. I would be a perpetual student if I had the money and time. I have never had much experience in teaching except for my last job. We had students come and we would train them in the laboratory. I always was given compliments by them that I explained things well and they liked learning from me.
7. I have never forwarded a chain letter or email chain. They drive me crazy. I am fine reading them but don't want to think about who I am going to send it onto, or that something bad is going to happen to me if I don't send it and always worry it might be some kind of encrypted email and cause someone's computer to crash.
So since I am not good with chain stuff then let me just choose a few people to "Tag"
(the last three were already tagged but I don't have anymore blogging friends and they did not post anything yet)
So here are the rules:*Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.*Tell seven random facts about yourself on your blog* Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs*Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment