I have lots to blog about recently but not enough time or energy to do it. I could blog about the surprise date night that my husband has had planned since June. It was very sweet of him but a little out of character to plan a 200 dollar date night to a Sarah Brightman concert. I really appreciate the thought but I can think of lots of things to do during 6 hours away from our kids than go to a concert of someone that I have never heard of before. My take on it was an opera singer gone pop. Half of the songs were in some other language. Apparently, she is a huge star around the world, opening for the most recent Olympics. I thought the concert was entertaining but very strange.
I could also blog about the fact that after two weeks after Lucas got his vaccinations he is finally acting more like himself. He does have his incisor teeth coming through so that also can account for his fussy, foul mood.
I am kicking myself for not figuring this out before now. I have found the perfect solution to my nap drama. I don't know why I have not thought of this before now but Logan has been taking his nap in the playroom. It is completely dark and isolated in that room. There are no windows. I put him in his Diego air mattress and he has taken a nap without any fuss every day since we started this. It is great!
Lucas used the potty again last night and today. He says "I poo-poo". I say "Do you need to sit on the potty?" and he does his business. I can't believe it. Logan was a few months over three before he did this well. I am not going to push things but am hopeful that we will be out of diapers before he is two.
As many Moms probably experience, I seem to get sick with my children's illnesses all of the time. This is at least cold number 3 for me this season. Lucas had it first then me. Logan had the stomach virus then me. I swear I wash my hands 50 times a day but I guess all of the nose wiping and food handling just infects me every time. I need to really work on strengthening my immune system.
I can barely move after taking a workout class called No Limit Circuit. Note to self: If something says, No Limit, then do not attend this class. It was seriously like torture. I like to exercise and this was torturous. I was hurting right after the class and two days later hurt even worse. We were doing 3 minutes on each circuit then coming back to your own station to do some more exercises. Lots of squats, lunges, weights, running and jumping. It was a full body workout to say the least.
I thought my cat might have come home yesterday. There were two cats outside and one really resembled our cat that ran away. It was much smaller but I thought maybe she just shrunk from not eating. I figured out from the markings that the cat could not be ours. Then she ran straight up a tree and I knew she was not our cat. Ours can't even jump up on the counter top. I gave them food and water. They seemed really hungry but they were not friendly and seemed really wild. We are getting used to having only one cat around.
We have been decorating for Christmas since we won't be around very much in the month of December. My least favorite thing is fluffing the two artificial Christmas trees. I enjoyed pulling out the ornaments that Logan had made last year especially the one's with the boys hand prints. It was fun to see how much their hands grew in a year. It was really adorable to see them decorating the tree together. Logan would hang one and then Lucas would take his ornament to the tree and ask Logan "Will you help me Logan?" They hung most of the ornaments on one branch but they thought it looked great.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am going to stop watching Lucus for you if he is potty trained before Sara! Maybe she should just come stay with you while she's going through the potty training phase.
Post a Comment