Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Memaw's visit

Easter gifts from Memaw
The boys always love books.


Enjoying the treats that were inside their Easter eggs.


Showing off their loot.








Lucas wasn't the most observant finding eggs but Logan was very quick and could spot them from far away.

Climbing on the crocodile at the Ft. Worth zoo. It was the warmest and prettiest day of the week.

Lucas admiring the blue parrot.

Logan taking a rest after lunch.


My mom had her spring break from school and spent it with us. We had such a fun and busy week together. E and I enjoyed a date night to the art museum in Dallas and dinner. Mom and I had a girls night out and went shopping, dinner and wine at the Cru wine bar then knitting together afterwards. She is working on the most beautiful blanket for Logan. I have knitted two scarves and a baby hat as my first three projects. We enjoyed our time knitting together and I got some helpful advice from her as well. I had several appointments and meetings and I took advantage of her babysitting services. We went swimming at the gym, the Ft. Worth zoo, the Arboretum, a pot luck picnic at the neighborhood park, Easter egg hunt and went to several of her favorite spots to eat. It seemed as if every moment was busy. We celebrated her upcoming birthday with a gluten free cake that I made. She really seems to like the American idol Wii game we gave her. It was such a nice visit and the boys really enjoyed having their Memaw with them giving them lots of attention. Thanks for everything Mom!

2 comments:

Blonde Momma said...

I love your mom! She is so cute. Sorry I didn't get to see her this time.

Haley said...

I really enjoyed meeting your mom during our knit night. I'm sorry we didn't see more of you at the zoo--J was just way too grumpy about wanting to see the farm animals.