Thursday, April 23, 2009

Miserable shopping experience

I needed several things from the store and decided to go to Walmart. I usually try to shop while Logan is in school so I don't have both kids but thought I would try it. I was buying a variety of things...cat litter, vegetable plants, tomato cages, bread, milk etc.. I used the cart that has the two seated section attached to the cart since I would be filling it up. Not long after I got there the boys started fighting. They were smacking, kicking, punching and screaming at each other from the start. That should have been my warning to go home then.

After breaking up several fights, Logan had to go to the potty. Then we start shopping again and more smacking, kicking and hitting. I am getting really annoyed. None of the buggies have the appropriate straps to hold your kids in place. They are all missing something so Lucas jumps out of the cart and at full sprint runs through the women's department darting in and out of racks of clothes. He is gone and Logan and I have to leave our over sized and overloaded cart and run after him. I am picturing some stranger taking him out of the store and never seeing him again. We finally found him and I spanked him. GASP! I was so frustrated by now and my patience was running thin. I still had more shopping to do.

Eventually more fighting ensued and I made whoever's fault it was walk along the side of the cart holding the strap. I told Logan several times that we were planning to go to Peter Piper Pizza for lunch if he could behave himself. Unfortunately, he continued with his poor behavior and I told him that we were not going to go out to lunch now. Logan started wailing and brought much attention to himself. He was crying and saying "I'm not going to do it again, Mom!" but then he would make Lucas cry again.

I was finished shopping and thought my nightmare shopping trip was ending until Lucas ran away again. He hopped right out of the cart and made a b-line across Walmart at full sprint. The little fellow it so tiny it is pretty easy to loose him when he is hiding under the clothes. I was ready to whip him by this point but didn't want to get turned in for child abuse so I carried him to the check out line. Logan cried the whole time I was trying to check out because he was so sad we weren't going out to lunch. I held my ground and we did not go. Maybe he will learn from this experience. I learned something too....never, ever take both kids to Walmart again!!!!

3 comments:

Kayla said...

I have learned my lesson the hard way, never take both kids shopping. Aleyna tries to commit baby suicide by jumping out of the basket and Brycen whines for something the whole time. After a trip like that you need a drink!

Juli Evans said...

What is it about Walmart that makes kids go nuts? My kids to the same thing, it's like "anything goes" there. I did hear that the walmart off 121 in the colony has the kind of race car shopping carts that lowe's does (i love those). i'm beginning to think the drive is worth it :)

Laura said...

I know the feeling! The only thing that gets me through tough outings is knowing that most if not all of the men and women around are moms and dads and have been there done that...but there is always that one lady that gives you the 'take control of your kids stare' that makes you want to crawl in a hole:)