I am doing as good as could be expected from surgery. We were at the hospital from 5:45am until 1:15. The two surgeons were very thorough and looked around my whole abdomen and pelvis. The general surgeon removed my appendix and found an adhesion/scar tissue around my small intestine. I was too out of it to remember what the doctors said but he showed E the pictures. It is possible that this band had been around my intestines from birth. The doctor told E that it was constricting my bowels and could have been causing my pain. This is exactly how I described the pain to the doctors several times "it feels like my intestines are all twisted up".
I have spent most of the day sleeping. My pain is in control with Darvacet and I plan on resting most of the weekend. Thanks for all of the kind words and prayers. I hope for a speedy recovery and also hope this fixed me for good.
Friday, March 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I have been thinking of you today - glad to hear that you are home and all went well!!!
So glad everything went well and that they may have found the culprit. Here's to a quick recovery!
I am so happy to hear that everything went well today. I hope they fixed the problem and that you won't have to worry about it anymore! Get some rest.
Happy to hear it looks like the problem has been solved! Take it easy and rest.
I am glad that it looks like they have found the problem. Please let me know if you need any help with anything!
If you need any help this upcoming week with the boys, errands, food, etc...let me know, would be glad to help.
Post a Comment