Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bye, Bye Appendix

Friday I will be going for exploratory laparascopic surgery and appendectomy. We have to be there by 5:45 am! I get to wipe my body with big antibacterial wipes twice before surgery. The pre-op nurse described it a Round-up for the normal skin bacteria. Whatever helps me avoid post op infection is whatever I will be glad to use.

I am actually really ready for this. I have been miserable for too long and looking back I should have done this a year ago. It is entirely possible that the appendectomy will not fix my problems and they don't find the cause. It has been 5 years since I have had my last surgery when I had a D & C for a miscarriage. It is scary thinking about being put to sleep and having no control over what is happening to your body. It changes things when you have a family to take care of.

I hope and pray that the surgeons are very thorough, find something, and fix it. My two biggest fears are that they will not find anything at all or they will find something awful like cancer. So, if you have time on Friday morning say a little prayer that I will get through surgery smoothly and recover quickly.

I also wanted to thank the many friends that I feel like I have. It gives me great comfort to know that there are several of you that can help me with my children during this situation. I seriously cannot tell you how thankful I am to have you. I hope that I can one day repay you all for all of your help and thoughtfulness!

Bye, Bye appendix....good riddance!

2 comments:

BettencourtFamily said...

I will be praying for you, and your family, this week. I hope that the surgeons are able to identify the problem and fix it! Where are you having it done? PLEASE let me know if I can help you out with the kids in any way!

Keeping Up With the Fitz's said...

Jen, I am so sorry that I did not wish you good luck tomorrow but I did not even know you were having surgery. I actually never even knew you had a blog until I went to Stacy's blog and saw yours. I wish you the best of luck and my prayers will be on their way right now!