Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cavity is filled

Logan did great at his dentist appointment today. Logan was only supposed to eat something light before his filling and I made sure to brush his teeth really well before we left. We were sitting in he waiting room, talking and cuddling. Before I knew it he had reached in my bag and grabbed a big handful of goldfish crackers and shoved them in his mouth. I did not know what he ate and scooped them back out of his mouth as we were heading back for his filling. He had crackers all stuck in his teeth. This made him cry but that was the last of the tears.

The dentist explained all of the tools and devices she would be using calling them things like "Mr. Thirsty" and "Motorcycle". They turned on Dora again for him to watch. The dentist weighed him which said he weighed 32lbs. They gave him a nose mask for the laughing gas, waited for it to kick in and then distracted him while she gave him a few shots of Novocaine and he did not even notice! She started asking him if he knew what an earthquake was and wiggled his cheek around. He used a little "tooth pillow" to keep his mouth open, she drilled the cavity away telling him she was "cleaning the cookies from his teeth" and then filled it. Logan had to keep some gauze in his cheek for awhile so he would not chew on his completely numb cheek with out knowing. He did great and I was proud of him.

I felt so bad that he had to go through this at only three years old (even though he didn't think it was a big deal) so I took him to Chick-fil-a for a late lunch and to Target to pick out a new toy.

2 comments:

Kayla said...

Yay for Logan for being such a brave boy. Brycen would have been totally freaked out. He totally deserved that new toy!

Vicki said...

I told Emma today that she is going to the dentist next week. She started crying like a baby and throwing a fit. I told her how brave Logan was today and he didn't even cry. Maybe I have to take him with me to hold her hand!