Saturday, September 6, 2008

Dinner with friends



We had some friends and their two boys over for dinner. The kids were so cute sitting outside together eating dinner. I think it lasted for about 3 minutes before they got up and found the sand table. Then sand in the food, fighting, and yelling began. The kids did not eat much but the adults had lots of great things. Our attempt at being healthy ended up including cosmopolitans, salmon with pesto (homemade by me from my basil I grew), NY strip steak, grilled veggies, bread, salad and pound cake with carmel ice cream. I would hate to see what we would eat if we weren't trying to be healthy. I really love entertaining. I like preparing a nice meal and enjoying it with friends. Before we had kids we had people over more frequently. We really should do this more. It was a fun, laid back evening and the weather was great.

No comments: