Thursday, September 25, 2008

So exhausted

I have not had the energy or enthusiasm to blog in the last week. I feel exhausted. I have been napping while there is quiet time in our household.

News in our household

Lucas is now weaned. It has been 16 months of breastfeeding for him. Although I have made my desires of him weaning known, I still feel sad and a little guilty for weaning him. He has been asking every day since last friday. Tomorrow will be a week since he last nursed. I don't know if it is the thought of never breastfeeding a baby again, losing that closeness and quiet time with Lucas or the hormones that must be changing by the weaning that are making me have such mixed emotions.

I got my results from my chest and neck CT scans. There is no mass that looks like cancer in my neck. It is an inflammed Carotid artery. I do not know the cause or how long it will be inflammed. I am taking Aleve for 7-10 days to decrease the inflammation and pain. If it does not go away with n0n-steroidal anti-imflammatories then I will get tested further and maybe take steroids like a low dose of prednisone. The chest CT scan saw a couple more nodules in my right lung and possibly one enlarged lymph node. The radiologist could not say if it was just the way I am vs. enlarged node. This means I need to go back in six months for another chest CT scan and then once a year after that.

I went to a physical therapist today for an evaulation for my right sided abdominal pain that has been going on for over a year. I really like her and I think she may have found my problem. She thinks that I am out of alignment and my hip flexor muscle is having spasms having to overcompensate. It is all due to pregnancy and my weakened core muscles. I will go back to get lots of exercises to help. She will even give me exercises to help the stomach muscles pull back together that separate with pregnancy. If this works I will kiss this lady. I can't believe it could be this simple. The bad news is she is out of network with our insurance.

Logan is in some kind of hitting his brother stage. I hope it will end soon because I don't know how much more I can take of it. Poor Lucas gets his head banged against the window, face slapped, pushed and smacked on the head. Time outs, telling him "hands to yourself", and even a spanking two nights ago have not helped. I put him to bed without reading a book at 6:15 because he was being so mean to Lucas. Logan is getting plenty of attention so I don't think that is the cause. Not reading a book before bed is a huge disappointment for Logan so I hope that might make him rethink before he hauls off and hits Lucas. I hope this is a stage. Thankfully he does not do this at school because I get glowing reports about him. It is just his brother he is supposed to love.

That's our news for now. I hate it has been so long.

2 comments:

BettencourtFamily said...

I hope you continue to start feeling better and that they can answer all your questions!

rackersfamily said...

Good news! I am so glad you finally have some answers!