Warning: I am not in such a good mood and am planning on complaining.
I have been having a miserable year when it comes to my health. I know that compared to some people, my problems are minor. I have had right sided abdominal pain for over a year and several tests to figure out what the problem is. The list includes two different pelvic and abdominal CT scans, endoscopy/colonoscopy, gallbladder function test, stool studies and several different blood tests. The last ct scan found some nodules in my left lung which doesn't even have anything to do with the pain I am having on my right side. This requires two more follow up ct scans to see if there are anymore nodules and to also check if they are growing. Now, today my ENT thinks that I should get a neck CT scan for the lump in my neck. He did not want to biopsy it today because it was so close to my carotid artery. He mentioned something about carotiditis being caused by an autoimmune disease such as Lupus....blah, blah, blah. Most of what he said just flew over my head.
I have been putting off getting the chest CT scan because I am not excited about yet another exposure to radiation. I read that a CT scan is the same amount of radiation as getting 100 X-rays. Great...I might as well had 300 X-rays in one year. If I don't have cancer now I think I will be getting it. So at least I can do the chest and neck ct scan together and I don't have to drink the nasty barium for it either. After 4 different doctors, you would think one of them could figure out what is wrong with me. Maybe this new one will.
Monday, September 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hope you find out what is going on soon. Let me know if I can help with anything.
Post a Comment