Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First day of school





I was third in line to pick Logan up from his first day of preschool today. He was walked out to my car, the teacher said "he is the cutest" and that is the only feedback I got for the 5 1/2 hours that Logan was at school. I looked in his folder and there was only some dot art that he made. I quizzed him all the way home hoping to get some details about his first day.
Me: Logan what did you have for Lunch today?
Logan: I don't know.
I know I sent him carrot sticks, turkey sandwich, applesauce, chips, goldfish crackers and a juice box. The juice box and crackers were sent back. Maybe they don't allow juice? I don't remember getting that memo, but I do know that if Logan was offered juice he would not have turned it down.
Me: Did you eat carrots?
Logan: No, the boy with black stripes ate carrots and he would not share with me.
Me: Did you eat chips?
Logan: No
Me: How about apple sauce?
Logan: Yes!!! I love applesauce.
As soon as we got home Logan said he wanted to eat and the only thing he wanted was his sandwich from school. There wasn't one left so I made him a new one and he ate the whole thing.
I also tried to figure out what he did other than eat.
Me: Who did you play with at school?
Logan: Jack and Lilly
Me: Who was your favorite person to play with?
Logan: Lilly
Me: Did anyone get in trouble in your class today?
Logan: The girl with curly hair had to go to timeout because she threw sand on me...that wasn't very nice at all was it mommy?
(He did have sand on his face and in his shoes)

Lucas was exhausted by the time he got in the car at 1:30 because the earlier attempt to put him down for a nap failed miserably. He fell asleep right away but as soon as we pulled in the garage he woke up. It seemed like he was wide awake but I decided to go lay him in his crib and thankfully he went back to sleep. So I guess that will be our new routine on Tues/Thursdays.

I think Logan must have had a good day. He came home wearing the same thing I took him to school in so he must not have had any accidents. He is getting to be such a big boy and so independent. It sure does make things easier on me.

No comments: